Original Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies




There are so many wonderful recipes on the back of food packages.  For example, one of my ultimate favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes is found on the back of the Nestle chocolate morsel bag.

I am going to start a new section on this blog where I will post "Recipes from the Box".

The Nestle Toll House Cookie recipe begins this wonderful collection.


Enjoy!







Nestle Toll House Cookies

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped nuts

Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.   Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until creamy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.  Stir in morsels and nuts.  Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets.

Bake 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely

Makes about 5 dozen cookies


NOTE:  I line my cookie sheets with parchment paper.  I usually bake my cookies at 350 degrees just until the edges are slightly brown (about 10 minutes).  I think the cookies are best with a slightly chewy center.


Pan Cookie Variation

Prepare a 15x10 inch jelly-roll pan.  Prepare dough as above.  Spread into prepared pan.  Bake 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool in pan on wire rack.

Makes 4 dozen bars.