Mini Peanut Butter Balls Dipped in Chocolate

If you are in the mood for peanut butter and chocolate, this recipe is amazing.


I found it in the library in The Comfort Table by Katie Lee.  There are a few things I did differently from the original recipe.  First I only made half of the recipe and I made each piece smaller (1 teaspoon balls, rather than the suggested tablespoon).  I also used chunky peanut butter instead of smooth.  Finally, I added a little bit more powdered sugar to create the desired consistency.

Beware.  These can be addictive.


Enjoy!





Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
4 oz chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips)

In a pot over medium heat melt butter and peanut butter.  Remove from heat and add the vanilla and powdered sugar.

Stir until the mixture comes together.  If needed, add a little bit more powdered sugar.

Use about one teaspoon of mix to make a ball.  Place the ball on a parchment lined cookie sheet.  This recipe will make about 24 bite-size balls.  Place the balls in the refrigerator.

While the balls are in the refrigerator, melt the chocolate in a bowl on top of boiling water.

Remove the balls from the refrigerator and dip each ball half-way into the melted chocolate.  Katie suggests inserting a toothpick into the ball and then dipping it into the chocolate.  I actually found it was faster to skip the toothpick and just hold the ball with my fingers. Place the ball back onto the parchment paper to cool.

Refrigerate until set (about 1 hour).