White Double Chocolate Cookies

The lesson I learned from making these cookies is to keep better track of the recipe!

When I am experimenting in the kitchen I often just start adding ingredients to the bowl to create what I hope will be a delicious dessert.

A few weeks ago I created these double chocolate cookies. They were yummy!  They had crisp edges with a slightly gooey center.

Unfortunately, I was a bit too efficient cleaning up and I threw away the scraps of paper where I had scribbled my recipe.

Perhaps someday I will try to recreate my recipe.  For now, this one from Nestle is a good substitute.  Enjoy!

White Double Chocolate Cookies

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Premier White Morsels

PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

COMBINE flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels. Drop by well-rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE for 9 to 11 minutes or until centers are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool.